Can you tell that we’re big muffin fans??
Muffins are one of my favorite things to make for our family. They’re perfect to make ahead for snacks or on-the-go breakfasts, and you can pack tons of nutrition into every bite!
Coconut flour is a super nutritious flour to bake with, however it’s very different than baking with conventional flour and can be quite tricky. It absorbs a lot of liquid so most recipes call for very little flour and also a lot of eggs to bind the ingredients together.
If you’re new to baking with coconut flour(or even if you’re a seasoned pro!), this recipe couldn’t be easier! Just throw all the ingredients in a blender, stir in blueberries and bake!
Coconut Chia Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix coconut flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl, set aside
- In a blender, mix the milk, honey, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla
- Add chia seeds and blend on low
- Pour the wet ingredients in a bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well
- Gently stir in the blueberries
- Spoon into a greased muffin pan and bake 25-30mins until golden brown
Recipe adapted from Nutiva