Keepin’ it cozy during the blizzard with this Protein Packed Hot Cocoa! Store bought hot chocolate is filled with tons of sugar and artificial ingredients, so we’ve been making our own for years. But after a Celiac Disease diagnosis, and also needing to go dairy free for further healing, I decided we needed to up the nutrition on this classic.
Our go-to dairy free milk is Silk Protein Nut Milk. It’s super creamy and packs a protein punch with 10g per serving!
I also added collagen peptides. This collagen protein powder is flavorless and dissolves quickly into anything! It’s easily digestible, helps to improve gut health, strengthens skin, hair and nails, and can even reduce wrinkles!
Enjoy & stay warm!
Protein Packed Hot Cocoa
- Mix water, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan
- Cook and stir over low heat until melted
- Stir in milk, vanilla extract and collagen peptides
- Heat up to desired temperature but do not boil
- Remove from heat and serve