As a mom, I’m always trying to pack extra nutrition into my kids. These Apple & Carrot Muffins are nutrient packed making them perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch box treat or a healthy afternoon snack.
Flax seeds and chia seeds are a rich source of omega 3’s, vitamins and antioxidants, high in protein and fiber, and promote digestive health. Always make sure the seeds are ground for optimal digestion.
Apple & Carrot Power Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups Bobs Red Mill 1 to 1 Flour Mix
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 2 peeled and shredded apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- coconut oil to grease your muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease muffin tin with coconut oil
- Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla
- Mix together flour, flax & chia seeds, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl then add to wet ingredients
- Mix well, then stir in carrots, apples and nuts.
- Pour into greased muffin tins about 3/4 full
- Bake 20 minutes until lightly browned on top