Our version of Candy Apples!
Gotta love a snack that is healthy, delicious, and easy enough that bigger kids can make it themselves!! Slice organic apples, layer with melted nut butter and choose your toppings! It can also be made Paleo by using a grain-free granola.
- 1 or 2 organic apples, cored and sliced lengthwise
- 1/3 cup of nut butter, or more if you like a lot!
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
- Topping options: granola (our favorite oat-free option is Purely Elizabeth), hemp hearts, chia seeds, Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips
- Layer sliced apples in a circle filling a large plate.
- Melt nut butter and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl for about 20 second intervals until melted.
- Drizzle melted nut butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle with toppings and enjoy!