We’re getting Superbowl ready here in Philadelphia!
Get your party started Philly style with these Philly Cheesesteak “Totchos”. A twist on the classic loaded nachos, these tator tot nachos are sure to be a crowd pleaser….even if you’re a Patriot’s fan!
Philly Cheesesteak Totchos
- 1 bag Organic Tator Tots
- 1/2 lb extra thinly sliced roast beef from the deli counter
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- Hot pepper or banana pepper, optional
- Mushrooms, optional
- Melted Cheese, see below for the dairy free cheese sauce I used.
How to Make Dairy Free Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp Earth’s Balance vegan butter
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp GF all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast, flour and spices. Pour in the milk and stir until smooth
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and then pour in the nutritional yeast mixture
- Cook over low-medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Add more milk if the consistancy becomes too thick. Serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Spread tator tots on a baking sheet and cook according to package directions
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet and cook the beef, breaking it up into small bite size pieces
- Drain the beef, if needed, and place in a separate bowl
- Using the same skillet, fry your toppings for a few minutes until tender.
- When the tator tots are finished, remove them from the baking sheet and place them in a deep dish pan.
- Layer tator tots, beef, and toppings.
- Drizzle with cheese
- Put back in the oven at 350° for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.