All the Italian flavors come out in this delicious chicken dish!
Chicken breasts are stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes & basil then covered with the most delicious balsamic vinegar glaze. Serve over whatever you desire, and you have a yummy 30 minute meal that looks like you were cooking in the kitchen all day. Shhh don’t tell anyone 😉
Chicken Stuffed with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Basil
- 2 large whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup GF All Purpose Flour(I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup bone broth or chicken stock (If not using homemade, I use Pacific Organic)
- 12 Sun Dried Tomatoes, halves
- 16 large basil leaves, whole
- Cut chicken breasts in half and cut a horizantal pocket in each.
- Stuff with 2-3 sundried tomato halves and 4 basil leaves
- Secure with toothpicks
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Coat each checken breast with the flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet on med-high. Brown chicken breast on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Raise heat, add balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil. Add broth and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a platter.
- Increase heat and reduce sauce until thickened.
- Pour sauce on top of chicken and serve with extra sun dried tomatoes and basil leaves.
Serve over your choice of pasta, rice or quinoa. To make Paleo, you can skip the flour and just season with salt & pepper. Serve over spaghetti squash or a salad.