If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! 😉
Fresh jalapeno peppers are stuffed with a delicious dairy-free “cheese” spread and wrapped in smoky bacon. They come together quick for a party appetizer or can be easily assembled ahead of time. You might want to double up the recipe because family and friends won’t be able to get enough!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 1-8oz container Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1 pound uncured bacon, slices cut in half
- 16-18 Jalapeno Peppers, sliced lengthwise and seeds removed
- toothpicks to secure bacon, optional
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Divide among jalapeno halves.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeno with a slice of bacon and place on a baking rack.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425° for about 25 or until bacon is crisp.
Poppers can be assembled and refrigerated for up to 1 day ahead.