Classic cornbread gets an upgrade with this made from scratch gluten & dairy free version. Savory, yet sweet, it’s sure to satisfy anyone’s appetite!
This cornbread is a deliciously moist and dense quickbread that goes with just about anything. We love it served alongside chili or as a side dish with our Sunday roast. Since it’s one of my daughter’s favorites, she would probably request it at every meal if she could 🙂
For a fun change, try making it into muffins for individual servings!
Not Your Classic Cornbread
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
- 3/4 cup GF corn meal**
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 4 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
**Make sure your corn meal is certified gluten free! Many companies that produce cornmeal also process flour as well, so there is a high risk of cross contamination.
- Preheat oven to 400°, grease an 8×8 baking dish, pie pan or oven safe iron skillet
- Whisk eggs, sugar and milk together in a medium size bowl
- Add flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt until combined
- Stir in the melted coconut oil and mix well
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 20-30 minutes until lightly browned on top
- Serve warm and add a touch of Earth’s Balance butter if desired!