Needing some gluten & dairy-free pizza inspiration? You don’t have to miss out on all the flavors you love because you have food restrictions-just make some simple substitutions!
We love experimenting with different pizza flavors and toppings, especially since our daughter had to remove dairy from her diet in addition to gluten. The kids look forward to pizza night at the end of the week(and I do too!), so I knew I had to keep that tradition going.
This time, I took the comforting flavors of our favorite chicken alfredo pasta dish and put it on pizza! Top the dough with a creamy dairy-free “alfredo” sauce, then add chicken & broccoli or whatever veggies you’re craving!
Have some friends over for this one because you’ll have the most unique pizza bursting with flavor!
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Pizza
- Homemade Pizza Dough or store bought crust
- 2 chicken breasts, roasted
- Broccoli(as much as you want!), lightly steamed. Add additional veggies if you want- Diced Tomatoes, spinach, onions or mushrooms.
- 8oz vegan or regular mozzarella cheese, optional
- 4 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 4 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- To Make Sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Blend in salt, garlic, pepper and flour, then stir in the milk and nutritional yeast. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add more milk by the tablespoon if it gets too thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To Make the Garlic Butter: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Blend in the garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is tender but not browned. Remove from heat, set aside. Do not skip this step as it adds a lot of flavor to the crust!
- Prepare Chicken: In a separate bowl, chop or shred the roasted chicken into small pieces. Season with rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To Assemble the Pizza: Spread dough out on prepared pizza pan. Top with cooled garlic butter, covering entire crust. Next spread with sauce leaving crust edges.
- Top with chicken, veggies & cheese(if using).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before slicing.