This Lemon & Mint Banza Bowl is a super simple salad filled with all the flavors of summer! Fresh mint & veggies are tossed together with Banza Chickpea Rice then topped with a simple homemade lemon dressing.
Serve as a side or make it a meal since the rice is a powered up alternative to regular rice- It has 3 times the protein and 2 times the fiber!
Lemon & Mint Banza Bowl
- 1 bag Banza Chickpea Rice
- 2 cups tomatoes or red pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 6 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice(about 2 lemons)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup neutral oil of choice(grapeseed or avocado is what we use most)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine rice with tomatoes, cucumber, scallions and mint.
- For the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice with salt & pepper. Add olive oil slowly while whisking. Pour dressing over salad mixture. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.