Black bean brownies are a delicious and nutritious twist to a traditional chocolate brownie. You might be nervous about baking with black beans, but don’t be—they have a very mild flavor and are extremely rich, creamy, and full of protein!
Flourless Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 drops doterra peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus a few more for topping!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Blend all ingredients(except chocolate chips!) in a blender or food processor.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Poor batter into a greased 8×8 pan. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips and bake for 30-35mins.