What do you get when you combine tater tots plus nachos? TOTCHOS! Yes, totchos are a thing! And they’re such a fun twist for dinnertime.
This ultimate comfort meal is quick, easy & full of flavor! Crispy tater tots are used for a base, then they’re topped with BBQ chicken and veggies. Perfect for a weeknight meal, movie night or a new addition to your game day party food.
BBQ Chicken Totchos
- 1 bag(32oz) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded. Make it quicker by using leftover chicken or an already cooked rotisserie chicken(about 2 cups).
- 1 jar(18oz) of your favorite BBQ sauce(We love Stubb’s- it’s certified GF!)
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- Additional toppings : Jalapeno or banana peppers optional for some spice!
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Arrange tater tots in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook according to package directions until crispy.
- Meanwhile, toss shredded chicken with BBQ sauce, bell peppers & onions in a bowl(or use the same skillet that you cooked the chicken in!)
- When tater tots are just about finished, remove from oven and top with the chicken mixture.
- Put back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until heated through and veggies are tender.
- If desired, top with spicy peppers and serve immediately.
If you do not require a dairy-free dish, feel free to add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mixture before baking.