These Coconut Chia Blueberry Muffins are nutritious and delicious! They're gluten free, grain free and dairy free, loaded with sweet blueberries, crunchy chia seeds and have a hint of coconut flavor.
Can you tell that we're big muffin fans?! Muffins are one of my favorite things to make for our family. They're perfect to make ahead for snacks or on-the-go breakfasts, and you can pack tons of nutrition into every bite!
Coconut flour is a super nutritious flour to bake with, however it's very different than baking with conventional flour and can be quite tricky. It absorbs a lot of liquid so most recipes call for very little flour, yet a lot of eggs to bind the ingredients together.
If you're new to baking with coconut flour(or even if you're a seasoned pro!), this recipe couldn't be easier! Just throw all the ingredients in a blender, stir in blueberries and bake!
Coconut Chia Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix coconut flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a blender, mix the milk, honey, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add chia seeds and blend on low.
- Pour the wet ingredients in a bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon into a greased muffin pan and bake 25-30mins until golden brown