Chocolate hummus? You heard that right!
It may seem strange, but it’s the perfect sweet, healthy snack that’s prepared in minutes. When my sister had shared with me that she bought chocolate hummus at the store, I knew I had to try to make my own! This way you can control the ingredients and customize it however you want. Plus it’s much cheaper and just so stinkin’ easy!!
It tastes great with fruit and pretzels, or it can be slathered on toast for breakfast. Thin out the consistancy by adding some more milk and it would be a great alternative to icing! I’m not ashamed to say that my five year old will eat it by the spoonful!
Go ahead and treat yourself!
Homemade Brownie Batter Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- splash of dairy-free milk
- Garnish with Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips and serve with fruit or Gluten Free pretzels
- Drain chickpeas and rinse well.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.