This Easy Gluten Free Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pao de Queijo) is so simple to make and the perfect addition to any meal. Made with a base of tapioca flour, this delicious recipe is naturally gluten-free and perfect for those with Celiac Disease or gluten intolerance.
Gluten Free Brazilian Cheese Bread
Pao de queijo is a typical Brazilian snack and this is my take on the traditional recipe! The baked dough balls come out crispy on the outside with a soft and gooey cheesy texture on the inside. Made with a base of tapioca flour, this recipe is not only easy and delicious, but naturally gluten-free and grain-free!
Whether you want to enjoy them with a sweet or savory meal, these cheesy puff balls are incredible alongside anything!
Ingredients in this Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this homemade Brazilian Cheese Bread recipe. Here's what you'll need:
- Tapioca Flour. Although tapioca flour is the best choice for this recipe, cornstarch will make a great replacement if you are unable to use tapioca.
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, or a blend of 2 different cheeses such as parmesan & cheddar.
Here's How to Make the Best Brazilian Cheese Bread!
The easiest way to make this delicious bread is the blender method. First, preheat the oven to 400. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and pulse until a batter is formed. Next, grease a muffin tin. You can use a regular size tin or a mini muffin tin for a fun bite-sized version. Pour batter into each space until a little over halfway full. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until the outside of the rolls are puffed and golden. This bread is best enjoyed warm, straight from the oven.
If you've tried this recipe, I would love it if you let me know by leaving a comment below! You can also share your creation by tagging me on Instagram @thrivingglutenfree
Gluten-Free Brazilian Cheese Bread
- 2½ cups Tapioca Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Oil I used avocado oil
- 1 cup Milk I used unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until combined, and a batter is formed.
- Grease a muffin tin, regular size or mini, and pour batter a little over halfway full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!