This Easy Crustless Quiche recipe is loaded with veggies, cheese, and amazing flavor! Not only is it super delicious, but it’s simple to make and perfect for your next brunch, lunch or even dinner!
Gluten Free Crustless Quiche
No crust, no problem! This crustless quiche, also similar to an Italian frittata, eliminates the pastry shell that's used in a classic quiche recipe. Instead, the eggs create a satisfying crust around the edges.
I love that you can easily customize a quiche recipe to everyone’s tastes, it's loaded with nourishing ingredients and is super simple to throw together for breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
Crustless Quiche Ingredients
Eggs. You’ll need 8 eggs for this recipe. If you can get farm fresh eggs, I highly recommend them.
Spinach. Use frozen spinach, not fresh. And make sure to squeeze out as much liquid as possible!
Onion. Adds a savory flavor, but if you don’t like onion, just leave it out or add in another veggie that you love.
Cheese. I used mozzarella in this recipe, but feel free to use any favorite cheese variety.
Salt & Pepper. Seasonings bring out all the flavors!
You can also add spices, chopped fresh herbs, and any already cooked veggies you have laying around. This is one of my favorite meals for cleaning out your refrigerator of leftover food!
Want to add some meat to this dish? Add 1 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon into this quiche, or diced ham doesn't require any pre-cooking.
How to Make this Crustless Quiche
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a pie pan.
- Begin this quiche recipe by sautéing the onion. Drain the frozen spinach, then add to the onion. Continue cooking until any excess moisture is evaporated.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper and cheese. Add the spinach and onion mixture to the eggs and combine well. Pour into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Allow the quiche to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Keep this quiche stored in an airtight container in the fridge once it has cooled down. Reheat in the microwave for a few minutes when ready to eat again. It will last up to about 5 days if leftovers are stored this way.
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to leave a review, and tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out.
Easy Crustless Quiche
- Pie Pan
- 8 Eggs
- 10oz Frozen Chopped Spinach thawed & drained
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until transluscent, then stir in spinach. Continue cooking until any excess moisture from the spinach is evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach and onion mixture and combine well.
- Pour into the pie pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until eggs are set.