These Easy Make-Ahead Egg Muffins are one of our favorite grab-and-go breakfasts for busy mornings! Prep on the weekend then heat & go during the week. They're packed with protein and loaded with flavor from your favorite veggies and breakast meats. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo & Whole30 friendly!
Breakfast Egg Muffins
These egg muffins are protein packed and loaded with lots of nutritious veggies. The best part is how versatile they are- You can mix and match the veggies or switch up your protein choice. You'll never have the same egg muffin twice!
What ingredients do I need to make this Egg Muffin Recipe?
Be sure to have a muffin pan ready. I love using a silicone muffin pan because it prevents sticking, so the muffins pop right out of the pan!
Here's what you'll need:
- Eggs. 12 eggs fills up the muffin pan perfectly so you end up with 12 muffins.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper and garlic powder
Optional Veggies & Breakfast Meats
Choose your favorites or use whatever you have on hand. Here are some ideas:
- Chopped onions, bell peppers or spinach.
- Ground sausage, cooked and crumbled bacon, diced ham.
Pictured here, I used Bob Evans naturally ground sausage and chopped fresh spinach. I have to keep our egg muffins simple so my picky kids will eat them!
This healthy breakfast recipe can be easily doubled to feed a crowd!
How do you make these egg muffins?
This is really the simplest breakfast recipe! Start by beating the eggs then add your seasonings. Toss in whatever veggies and/or meats you are using then mix everything together.
Pour the egg mixture into greased muffins tins and bake until set. That's it! You can serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days then reheat before serving.
How do you reheat egg muffins?
The easiest and quickest way to reheat egg muffins is in the microwave. I cook them for only about 30 seconds(depending on your microwave) just until they're heated through.
I make these breakfast muffins weekly. They're the perfect healthy start to your day and the protein keeps our bellies full all morning long.
Make-Ahead Egg Muffins
- 12 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Oil for greasing the pan
Optional Vegetables & Meats
- ¼ cup Onion diced
- ½ cup Bell Peppers diced
- ½ cup Fresh Spinach roughly chopped
- Breakfast Meat crumbled cooked breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled bacon, diced ham
- ½ cup Regular or Vegan Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a muffin pan with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs by hand with a fork. Add spices- mix well.
- Stir in your prefered meat, veggies and/or cheese into the egg mixture Alternatively, you can divide your veggies and meat into the muffin cups FIRST, then add the eggs on top. Either way works well!
- Divide the egg mixture evenly into greased muffin tins ¾ of the way full.
- Bake about 20 minutes until browned around the edges and eggs are set. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.