We flipped the crust around and put it on top! This Upside Down Tater Tot Casserole is incredibly simple, so tasty and perfect for breakfast, brunch or even brinner!
Super quick to throw together and perfect for a crowd. It’s also great to make ahead! Prepare on the weekend and reheat for an easy breakfast throughout the week, or make ahead for your next holiday buffet.
Everyone will love it and you’re gonna want seconds 😉
Upside Down Tater Tot Casserole
- 32oz Tater Tots
- 1lb meat of choice(ground sausage, bacon, etc)cooked & drained if needed
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Veggies optional: diced peppers, onions, etc.
- 2 cups cheese, also optional.
- Spread cooked meat on the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan or a cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese on top if using
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, seasonings & veggies. Pour on top of meat.
- Cover top with frozen tater tots in a single layer. *When making ahead, DO NOT add the tater tots until ready to bake*
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes until eggs are set.
- Garnish with chives
We used Ore-Ida Tater Tots, Good Karma Foods Flax milk w/protein and Bob Evans Naturally ground sausage for this recipe. We did not use cheese and it still tastes great without it! Just wanted to give an option for those that are not dairy free.