These Easy Gluten-Free Blueberry Pie Bars are easy as 1-2-3! With just three simple steps you'll have a delicious gluten-free treat that's filled with fresh ingredients and the flavors of summer.
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY GLUTEN-FREE BLUEBERRY PIE BARS
King Arthur Gluten Free Pie Crust is an easy store bought mix that doubles as the base AND the crumb topping in this recipe. It's a great mix to have on hand in the pantry just for those moments when a craving hits!
To make the dough, all you need to add to the flour is butter and a small amount of water. Follow the package instructions and mix up the crust, saving half for the crumble.
Next, mix up your filling ingredients. The sweet, juicy filling is made from fresh blueberries, lemon juice sugar and some starch to help thicken it up.
PRO TIP! You can easily change up this recipe by using another fresh summer berry.
Top the crust with the blueberry filling then sprinkle the crumble on top. The oven will do the rest of the work 😉
CAN I USE FROZEN BLUEBERRIES
Yes, but you'll need to thaw and drain the frozen blueberries. This way they won't make the crust soggy or bleed blue into the crust!
It takes about 45 minutes for these Blueberry Pie Bars to bake. Cool them completely before cutting or you'll have a big blueberry mess! They taste great at room temperature, but we also love them as a cool treat straight out of the fridge. Go ahead and top it off with a scoop of ice cream then dig in!
Easy right?! Definitely so much easier than a full pie in my opinion.
These bars are perfect for sharing! Basically, I have to share so I don't eat them all myself 🙂 Bring them to summer picnics, holidays and parties and they're sure to be a hit!
Easy Blueberry Pie Bars
- 1 box King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 2 sticks Butter use Earth's Balance Vegan butter if dairy free
- 2 cups Blueberries
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice about one lemon
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix pie crust according to package directions.
- Separate dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Press 1 half of dough flat into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together blueberries, sugar, arrowroot & lemon juice.
- Pour blueberry mixture on top of crust.
- Mix the additional sugar for the topping into the leftover dough and crumble on top of the blueberries.
- Bake for about 45 mins until bubbling and crust is lightly browned on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting. We like them best served cool from the fridge!
Leave a Reply