This Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake is the ultimate summer dessert! Layered with fresh strawberries, cool whip, and gluten-free graham crackers then topped with freeze dried strawberries. No baking required!
Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake
This Strawberry Shortcake Icebox cake is a light and refreshing dessert perfect for any summer celebration. It's an easy, no bake dessert that you can make ahead and have ready to go for your next party. Feel free to add blueberries to the top to make it red, white and blue for a festive 4th of July dessert.
What is an Icebox Cake?
An icebox cake is a no bake dessert that you assemble and chill in the fridge or freezer. They are usually made with whipped cream, fresh summer fruits and cookies or graham crackers, plus any other mix-ins you like. The layers will meld together while chilling to create the most delicious cake-like layers.
Icebox cakes are perfect for parties! They feed a crowd, they're so easy to make ahead and no baking is needed.
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake
Here's what You'll need:
- Cool whip. Use Coco Whip for a dairy-free swap if needed.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Jam
- Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Gluten-Free Graham Crackers. Pick your favorite brand! I love Kinnikinnick S'moreables or Schar Honeygrams. Simple Mills also makes a yummy grain-free version!
I made this recipe in a 9x13 glass pan, but you can also use a circle spring form pan to give it more of an actual cake look.
Start by layering 1 container of cool whip spreading out along the bottom of the dish.
Next, in a bowl, mix together the fresh strawberry slices and strawberry jam. Layer the strawberry mixture spreading evenly on top of the cool whip.
Add a generous amount of crushed graham crackers on top of the strawberries.
Layer with more cool whip covering the strawberry mixture completely. top with more crushed graham crackers and crushed freeze dried strawberries.
Place cake in the freezer for at least four hours, preferably overnight.
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake
- Start by layering cool whip on the bottom of a 9x13 pan or a spring form pan.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix together the strawberry slices and preserves. Spread the strawberry mixture evenly across the cool whip.
- Top with a generous amount of gluten-free graham crackers on top of the strawberry mixture.
- Cover with more cool whip, covering the strawberry mixture completely.
- Top with more crushed graham crackers and crushed freeze dried strawberries.
- Place cake in the freezer for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.