These Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons are soft and chewy on the inside, with crisp toasted coconut on the outside. You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy coconut macaroon recipe. These flourless cookies are naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and packed with coconut flavor.
Gluten Free and Flourless Coconut Macaroons
This coconut macaroon recipe is made without flour making them naturally gluten free. If you are on the hunt for an easy gluten free cookie recipe, these are a must-try!
What's the difference between a Macaroon and a Macaron?
Macarons and macaroons often get confused, but they are completely different! Macaroons are an American cookie made with coconut flakes, and are the French macaroons much easier to bake cousin, haha!
A french macaron is a French sandwich style cookie made with almond flour and sandwiched with a sweet frosting. Both are delicious in their own way, but here we will be making this recipe for gluten free Coconut Macaroons.
How to Make these Easy Coconut Macaroons
You only need 5 ingredients to make this healthy coconut macaroon recipe and it could not be easier!
- Egg Whites
- Pure Vanilla Extract
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture becomes frothy. Next, stir in the coconut flakes, vanilla extract and salt. Scoop the mixture by the tablespoon to make mounds and place on a baking sheet. Finally, bake for about 15 minutes until the coconut looks golden and toasted. Let cool completely.
These macaroons are delicious plain, however if you're feeling fancy, go ahead and drizzle or dip them in some melted chocolate. Yum!
Grab your ingredients and let's bake!
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Gluten-Free Coconut Macaroons
- 4 cups Shredded Coconut Flakes Unsweetened
- 5 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Melted chocolate for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat egg whites with sugar until the mixture is frothy.
- Stir in coconut, vanilla extract and salt.
- Using a measuring spoon or a mini cookie scoop, form heaping tablespoons of the cookie mixture into mounds on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until coconut looks golden and toasted.
- Cool completely and enjoy!