These Buttery Spritz Cookies are a traditional Christmas cookie that we adapted to be gluten & dairy free! They're fun & festive, sweet & chewy, and have just the right amount of buttery flavor.
Gluten-Free Spritz Cookies
Use a cookie press to turn this super easy butter cookie dough into fun holiday shapes and get creative decorating them in different colors!
They're the perfect cookie to bring along to your holiday gatherings and they're always a festive addition to your gluten-free cookie tray!
How to Make these Spritz Cookies
Here's what you'll need!
- Butter, egg, sugar, vanilla extract & salt.
- Flour: Grab your favorite Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour. We used Josie's Best Muffin & More gluten-free flour and the cookies turned out perfect! I have also used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 flour with great results!
- Mixing Bowl, Cookie Press and a Baking Sheet
- Food Coloring and Decorations. Optional, but necessary in my opinion to make these cookies extra festive!
Looking for artificial dye-free alternatives?
There are a lot of options out there, but we used Watkins Natural Food Coloring to make these christmas trees green! You can also find many options for dye-free sprinkles and sugar crystals with a quick Amazon search.
These Gluten-Free Spritz Cookies are freezer friendly with no change in taste after thawing! We start our Christmas cookie baking early, pop them in an airtight container in the freezer then defrost overnight when needed...usually on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning so they're thawed by dessert time!
Gluten Free Buttery Spritz Cookies
- 1 cup butter sub vegan butter for dairy-free, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2- ¼ cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Optional: Food Coloring and multicolored decorating sugar there are a variety of all-natural dyes and baking decorations to choose from
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine butter & sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla & salt, beat until blended.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour.
- To add color: Separate dough into multiple small bowls using food coloring as desired.
- Following manufacturer's directions, place dough into the cookie press and press out cookies(using any template you like!) about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate cookies with colored sugar/sprinkles.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until golden. Watch closely! Oven temps may vary.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to one week or freeze.