These Easy Almond Flour Crepes are an incredibly delicious & nutritious breakfast for the whole family. This is a simple recipe that anyone can make at home! It uses only a few pantry staples for the ingredients, and is gluten free, grain free, and dairy free.
HAVE YOU MADE CREPES BEFORE?
Crepes might seem fancy(kind of intimidating actually!) and usually reserved for special occasions, but they're really very easy!
If you've never had them, crepes are a type of very thin pancake that are served with a variety of fillings. No special pans required(I used a square pan in a demo on instagram and they still came out circle-who knew 😉 Any regular non-stick(at least 10 inch) skillet that you have in your kitchen will work!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE ALMOND FLOUR CREPES?
You only need a few basic ingredients to make these crepes. If you're used to baking with alternative flours, then you probably already have everything in your pantry!
- Almond Flour
- Tapioca Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil
Crepes are usually a breakfast or brunch option, but our family loves them any time of day and with a variety of different toppings and fillings.
Serve them rolled up or folded then stuffed or topped with anything from fruit to chocolate. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe makes a sweet crepe, but to make a savory crepe, all you have to do is eliminate a couple ingredients. Leave out the sugar and vanilla extract then sub with a ¼ teaspoon of salt. Serve this savory version with any of your favorite meats or veggies.
Almond Flour Crepes
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoon Tapioca Flour
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Plant-Based Milk
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil melted
- Mix almond flour and tapioca in a medium size bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the flour and mix well until a batter forms. The batter will be very thin.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, add a teaspoon of oil and let it get hot.
- Using a measuring cup, add about ¼ cup of the crepe batter. Pour in a circle on your hot pan, thinning out batter into a circle shape- either by swirling the pan or I like to use the back of a spoon.
- Once edges are done, about 2-3 minutes, flip and cook 1 more minute on the other side.
- Remove from heat and repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with desired toppings.