These Almond Flour Waffles are a simple & nutritious one bowl recipe! Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. This is a high protein waffle recipe perfect to fuel your day and feed your hungry breakfast crowd.
What ingredients do I need to make this Almond Flour Waffle Recipe?
- Almond Flour
- Tapioca Flour
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Plant-Based Milk
Almond Flour or Almond Meal?
Almond FLOUR is a must for these waffles to turn out right. Do not use almond meal which is very grainy.
Make sure to use high quality almond flour that is blanched and finely ground like this one, or we love using the Kirkland brand almond flour from Costco!
These almond flour waffles are easily freezable! Freeze cooked waffles in an airtight container or ziploc bag and then reheat in the toaster or oven for a quick breakfast. Or, you can make the batter ahead of time and store covered in the fridge until ready to bake.
Top these waffles with your favorite goodies for a nutritious breakfast or snack:
- pure maple syrup
- fresh fruit
- chopped nuts
- coconut cream
- peanut butter/almond butter
Or, try using them for a savory meal with ham & eggs or fried chicken & waffles!
Are you hungry yet?? Let’s Eat!
Almond Flour Waffles
- 1-1/2 cups Almond Flour finely ground
- 4 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 1/3 cup Plant-Based Milk unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup or sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Add flours, baking powder, eggs, salt and oil to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. If making a "sweet" waffle, add in the optional ingredients- pure maple syrup, cinnamon & vanilla extract.
- Slowly add milk and mix until you have a batter consistency. If needed, add more milk by the tablespoon if the batter is too thick, but it shouldn't be!
- Grease your waffle iron and pour batter onto the center of the hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Cooking time varies depending on your waffle iron.
Super good results
Didnt miss the real ones
I added a couple of berries
So glad you enjoyed the waffles! Berries are always a good idea 🙂