These Almond Flour Banana Bread Muffins are a healthier version of the ones you remember as a child, but still have the same delicious taste! Gluten free, dairy free & grain free! They're filled with tons of protein and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, snack or lunch box treat.
Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Muffins
Muffins are one of my favorite things to bake for my kids. With a crazy busy schedule and constantly being on-the-go, I'm always trying to come up with nutrient dense, quick options to keep everyone fueled for their day.
My favorite way to bake these muffins is in a mini muffin pan. It makes 24 muffins that are the perfect size for little hands, and they remind me exactly of the packaged Little Bites muffins I ate as a kid!
What ingredients do I need to make these Almond Flour Banana Bread Muffins?
This easy, one-bowl recipe comes together in just minutes! Here's what you'll need:
- Almond Flour. We get the Costco size-3lbs for only 12.99. Can't beat the price!
- Over-Ripe Bananas
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Pantry Staples: baking powder, salt & vanilla extract.
- Optional mix-ins: chocolate chips or chopped nuts....but they're always necessary in my opinion! If you prefer no mix-ins, this recipe for banana bread muffins is soft, moist and absolutely delicious all on it's own.
How Do I Make This Healthy Banana Muffin Recipe?
Start by mashing together some really ripe bananas with the coconut sugar. Then add the melted coconut oil, eggs, and pure vanilla extract. Gradually mix in the almond flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Stir in any chocolate chips or nuts if you're using them.
Divide the batter into greased muffin cups, then bake. Be sure to grease the pan even if you're muffin pan is non-stick. You could also use paper muffin liners, or I love silicone pans- they work wonders to avoid sticking!
These easy banana bread muffins can easily be frozen, although they don't last long enough in our house to freeze!
Bake your muffins ahead on the weekend, store in the fridge in an airtight container, and you'll have a nutritious breakfast ready to go for early mornings.
Want more yummy almond flour recipes? Try out these Easy Almond Flour Crepes and these Almond Flour Waffles.
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Get your brown bananas ready and let's bake!
Almond Flour Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted (plus some extra for greasing the pan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup add-ins: chocolate chips or nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease muffin pan with melted coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients(except add-ins) in a stand mixer. Mix until batter forms.
- If you choose to use add-ins, stir them in now.
- Pour batter into greased muffin pan, filling almost to the top.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown- let cool before removing.