We’re welcoming Spring with the bright flavor of fresh lemon & crunchy poppy seeds!
These simple muffins are grain free using almond flour, packed with protein & topped with a tangy lemon juice glaze.
Perfect for an afternoon snack or a lunch box treat that the whole family will love!
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice(1 lemon)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
Icing-Optional, but I think it’s necessary 😉
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
To make the lemon glaze: In a small bowl combine sugar and lemon juice. Stir until smooth. To thin the glaze, add more lemon juice until desired consistency is reached. To thicken, add more sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to a mixing bowl and blend well.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet, mix well.
- Stir in the poppyseeds
- Grease muffin tin and fill two-thirds with batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool, then drizzle with lemon glaze.