Is there anything better than a mint + chocolate combo?? If you come up with something, let me know 😉
These Chocolate Peppermint Bliss balls are addictively delicious! They’re a raw vegan healthy treat with no grains, dairy or refined sugar. Perfect for lunchboxes or a plant-powered afternoon snack. They’re also super quick to make! Raw cacao, dates, nuts and coconut oil are blended together and then infused with doTerra Peppermint essential oil.
As well as adding a burst of minty flavor, the addition of peppermint essential oil is uplifting and promotes digestive health. Feel free to sub peppermint extract, however a flavoring will not have the same beneficial plant properties as the pure essential oil.
Chocolate Peppermint Bliss Balls
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup almonds or cashews(or 1/2 cup of each)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp melted organic virgin coconut oil
- 4 drops doTerra peppermint essential oil(or 1 tsp peppermint extract)
- Process dates and almonds in a food processor, about 2 minutes until lightly formed
- Add coconut oil, cacao powder and peppermint oil. Process about 3-4 minutes until a dough like ball forms
- Remove and roll into bite size balls
- Cover and store in the fridge.