These Chocolate Dipped Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are a naturally gluten-free take on a family favorite cookie recipe! Soft and chewy, super pretty with a classic criss cross design, then topped off with a yummy chocolate dip & sprinkle of sea salt. Naturally gluten-free, refined sugar free, and can easily be made dairy-free using vegan chocolate chips.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are so easy and naturally gluten-free!
If you are a peanut butter lover like me, then these cookies are a must try! They don't contain any flour, are sweetened with unrefined coconut sugar, and are loaded with peanut buttery flavor. You only need 4 ingredients for the cookie batter so they're quick and easy to make any time.
Plus they're dipped in chocolate...it doesn't get any better!
What ingredients do I need to make this Peanut Butter Cookie recipe?
There are only 4 ingredients! Simple & easy, right?! Here's what you'll need for the cookie batter:
- Peanut Butter. Obviously! But you can sub almond butter if needed.
- Coconut Sugar. Has a similar taste to brown sugar, but is not highly processed. If you don't have it, you can sub 1 to 1 with ragular sugar.
- Egg. Helps bind the cookies together.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. Just for flavor!
For the chocolate dip, all you'll need are semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil. Use plant-based dark chocolate chips if you need this recipe to be dairy-free as well.
You'll also need some course sea salt for sprinkling. This final step is completely optional, but I think the sweet & salty combo takes these cookies to the next level!
How to Make These Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Start by mixing the peanut butter, egg, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until a thick dough forms.
- Then you will roll the peanut butter dough into small balls. This recipe makes about 18, give or take, depending on how big you like your cookies!
- Next, use a fork to make a criss cross pattern while flattening the dough. My kids LOVE doing this part by themselves. You could also use a cute cookie stamp!
- Bake as directed then let them cool completely.
Time for the fun part! Melt the chocolate and coconut oil until you have a smooth consistancy. Dip each cookie halfway into the chocolate then place back on the parchment paper. Finally, give each cookie a generous sprinkle of sea salt.
You'll want to store these peanut butter cookies in an airtight container in the fridge. Because of the peanut butter and chocolate, the cool temperature of the fridge keeps the texture just right and prevents the cookies from getting too soft.
You can also freeze them for up to 2 months! These cookies might even taste better straight out of the freezer!!
Looking for more flourless baking recipes? Check out these Flourless Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
If you try these peanut butter cookies, be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how they turned out!
Chocolate Dipped Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup Coconut Sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips use Enjoy Life for dairy-free
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Course Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix peanut butter, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla in a large bowl until a dough forms.
- Form into balls(I had 18- give or take depending on what size the balls are), then flatten with a fork in a criss cross design.
- Bake at 350° for about 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cool before dipping in chocolate.
- Melt 1 teaspoon coconut oil with the chocolate chips. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip half the cookie into the chocolate then sprinkle with sea salt. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.