These Buttery Spritz Cookies are are a traditional Christmas treat that we adapted to be gluten & dairy free! They’re fun & festive, sweet & chewy, and have just the right amount of buttery flavor.
Use a cookie press to turn this super easy dough into fun holiday shapes and get creative decorating them in different colors!
They’re the perfect cookie to bring along to your holiday gatherings and they’ll be a fabulous addition to your gluten-free cookie tray!
Gluten Free Buttery Spritz Cookies
- 1 cup butter(sub vegan butter for dairy-free), softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2- 1/4 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Optional: Food Coloring and multicolored decorating sugar(there are a variety of all-natural dyes and baking decorations to choose from)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine butter & sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla & salt, beat until blended.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour.
- To add color: Separate dough into multiple small bowls using food coloring as desired.
- Following manufacturer’s directions, place dough into the cookie press and press out cookies(using any template you like!) about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate cookies with colored sugar/sprinkles.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until golden. Watch closely! Oven temps may vary.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to one week or freeze.
We used Josie’s Best Muffin and More All-Purpose Flour Blend to make this recipe. Not all gluten free flour blends are created equally, so you may have different results depending on the blend you choose to use.
Make ahead! These cookies freeze well for up to 2 months so go ahead and get your holiday baking done early! Thaw overnight before serving.
This post was sponsored by Josie’s Best Gluten Free Flour.