Original rice crispy treats are adapted to be gluten & dairy free in this fun remake of a classic treat! These Strawberry Rice Cripsy Treats have a naturally sweet fruit flavor that everyone will love.
Erewhon Organic Brown Rice Cereal is such an easy swap for rice crispies! Many people are surprised to hear that rice crispies are not naturally gluten free being that they're made from rice. The reason is that they contain malt flavor which is typically made from barley-- barley is not gluten free.
You're in for a treat! Let's Eat!
Strawberry Rice Crispy Treats
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Rice Crispies Cereal
- 1 oz Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 4 tablespoon Butter use plant-based for dairy-free
- 1 bag Marshmallows
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper(if using cookie cutters) or grease a 9x13 pan.
- Add freeze dried strawberries in a food processor until you have crumbs.
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in the freeze dried strawberries.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal until well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Immediately press flat into your prepared pan with a butter wrapper or a greased spatula.
- Let cool before slicing or using a cookie cutter.