Have you tried Cassava flour yet? It seems to be all the buzz on social media!! I picked it up for the first time just recently….I was intrigued at the claims that it could used as a 1 to 1 substitute for wheat flour recipes. I’ve only used it a few times so far, but loving the results!
Cassava flour is a gluten-free, grain-free & nut free single ingredient flour with the neutral taste and texture of wheat. It’s made from the whole root of the cassava plant and is perfect for baking!
Be sure to try it out and let me know what you think!
Cassava Flour Waffles
- 1 cup Cassava Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1-1/2 cups plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Mix in remaining ingredients until batter is smooth. If batter seems thick, add a splash more milk.
- Pour onto waffle iron. Remove when crispy and golden brown. Top with desired ingredients.
Topping ideas: Fresh fruit, pure maple syrup, homemade fruit syrup, peanut butter, yogurt or cream cheese.
If you don’t use all of the batter at once, keep covered in the fridge.