Classic cornbread gets a makeover with this simple homemade gluten free version. Savory, yet sweet, it's sure to satisfy anyone's comfort food cravings!
This cornbread is a deliciously moist and dense quickbread that goes with just about anything. We love it served alongside our favorite chili recipe or as a side dish with our Sunday roast.
Since it's one of my daughter's favorites, she would probably request it at every meal if she could 🙂 For a fun change, try making it into muffins for individual servings!
While this easy recipe uses common pantry staples, it's important to make sure that your corn meal is labeled gluten-free! Many companies that produce cornmeal also produce flour as well, so there is a high risk of cross-contamination.
Homemade Gluten-Free Cornbread
- 1½ cup 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Corn Meal**
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk(use plant-based for DF) add 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar to make buttermilk.
- ⅓ cup Oil I used avocado
- Preheat oven to 400°, grease an 8x8 baking dish, pie pan or oven safe iron skillet
- Whisk eggs, sugar and milk together in a medium size bow.l
- Add flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Stir in the oil and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned on top
- Serve warm and add a touch of butter and/or drizzle of honey if desired.