Chili is on repeat at our house pretty much every weekend throughout winter!
There’s something about it that’s just so comforting and cozy. I love making a huge pot on Sunday, then I can reheat it throughout the week. Last year I invested in stainless steel thermos food containers for the whole family. They’re perfect to fill with chili for school/work lunches or when we’re on the go.
I’ve made so many different chili recipes over the years that it finally became a joke. I never made the same recipe twice…always trying to settle on THE BEST combination of ingredients was tough!
This year I finally got it right & I’m ready to share!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2(24oz) jars of your favorite marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set your instant pot to Saute and add oil to the pot.
- Once the oil is simmering, add onion, garlic and bell peppers.
- Add the ground turkey, breaking into small pieces. Cook until browned.
- Add the seasonings and mix well, scraping any browned meat from the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the instant pot off Saute.
- Add the chicken broth, beans and marinara sauce to the pot. Mix well.
- Cover with the Instant Pot lid, making sure the vent is set to SEAL.
- Set the Instant Pot for 10 minutes of high pressure.
- Once done, let the instant pot naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release with the vent.
- Remove lid and stir well.