This Quick & Easy Instant Pot Turkey Chili Recipe is the ultimate comfort food on cold days! A healthy mix of ground turkey, beans, veggies and spices are cooked QUICK in a pressure cooker, but tastes like it’s been cooking all day!
Instant Pot Turkey Chili
Chili is on repeat at our house pretty much every weekend throughout winter!
There’s something about it that’s just so comforting and cozy. I love making a huge pot on Sunday, then I can reheat it throughout the week. Last year I invested in stainless steel thermos food containers for the whole family. They’re perfect to fill with chili for school/work lunches or when we’re on the go.
I’ve made so many different chili recipes over the years that it finally became a joke in our family. I never made the same recipe twice…always trying to settle on THE BEST combination of ingredients was tough! But I’m finally ready to share our go-to chili recipe!
Ingredients for Turkey Chili
This protein packed, healthy chili uses a lot of pantry as well as fresh kitchen staples you most likely already have on hand. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground Turkey
- Broth. chicken or vegetable-any kind works!
- Bell Peppers. Any colors you have on hand will taste great!
- Black Beans & Kidney Beans
- Marinara Sauce. Use your favorite kind, but I use Francesco Rinaldi.
- Seasonings: chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt & pepper.
For all the spicy chili lovers, chop up a jalapeno and throw it in. You can also add hot sauce or red pepper flakes when serving.
How to make this Instant Pot Turkey Chili
Start by using the saute function on your instant pot. Once it’s heated up, add the oil. Add the turkey and crumble until browned. From there, drain any excess liquid/fat, then add onion, garlic, and bell peppers to the pot with the turkey. Saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
Add the broth, beans, tomato sauce and seasonings. Stir well, making sure to scrape the bottom the bottom of the pot to loosen any stuck meat. this will ensure you do not get a “burn” message from your pressure cooker.
Seal the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a slow release of at least 5 minutes, then a quick release for the rest of the pressure.
Carefully open the lid and give it a good stir. the chili will thicken as it cools down a bit.
This chili goes so well with our Classic Cornbread recipe!
Don’t have an instant pot? Now worries! You can easily make this same recipe in a slow cooker. Just saute your turkey in a separate stovetop skillet first, then dump all ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Broth
- 2 24oz Marinara Sauce
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Bell Peppers diced; any colors you like!
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed & drained
- 1 can Kidney Beans rinsed & drained
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Set your instant pot to "Saute" and add oil to the pot.
- Once the oil is simmering, add the ground turkey, breaking into small pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and bell peppers.
- Add the seasonings and mix well, scraping any browned meat from the bottom of the pot. Add a little broth if any brown bits of meat have stuck to the bottom of the pan to prevent a "burn" message from the instant pot.
- Turn the instant pot off "Saute", if it's cycle isn't already completed.
- Add the broth, beans and marinara sauce to the pot. Mix well.
- Cover with the Instant Pot lid, making sure the vent is set to "SEAL".
- Set the Instant Pot for 10 minutes of high pressure.
- Once done, let the instant pot naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release with the vent.
- Remove lid and stir well. Will thicken upon standing.
Pingback: How to Meal Plan with Theme Nights – Thriving Gluten Free
Pingback: The Best Instant Pot Turkey Chili — Thriving Gluten Free | My Meals are on Wheels