These Easy Gluten Free Baked Chicken Taquitos are stuffed with mexican style chicken, cheese and salsa then are rolled up and baked until crispy. They make a delicious appetizer or family-friendly weeknight meal!
Chicken Taquito Ingredients
The ingredient list is simple! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Gluten-Free Tortillas. Mission GF wraps are easily found in most grocery stores. I also love Siete Foods for a grain-free option that are also found in most large stores.
- Shredded Chicken. Any cooked chicken will work. I often use rotisserie chicken for a shortcut (Costco’s are labeled gluten-free and inexpensive too!) and I always use the leftover meat and bones to make homemade chicken broth.
- Cheddar cheese. If you need a dairy-free option, use your favorite kind, or you can leave it out completely.
- Cream cheese, softened. For a dairy-free option, Kite Hill is the best! Definitely don’t skip out on the cream cheese since it helps create the creamy filling.
- Salsa. your favorite kind.
- Spices. chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. These spices give the taquitos a classic mexican-insoired flavor.
Make sure you have lots of toppings for serving! Here are some suggestions:
- shredded lettuce
- fresh salsa
- chopped cilantro
How to Make these Chicken Taquitos
- Mix filling. Add shredded chicken, cream cheese, salsa to a mixing bowl and mix well. Add seasonings and stir well to combine.
- Fill. Place a large spoonful of filling in a line along each tortilla and roll tightly. If the tortillas you are using seem to be cracking or breaking while rolling, prep them first by warming for about 15 – 30 seconds on each side until soft and pliable.
- Bake Taquitos. Preheat oven to 425.
Brush the taquitos lightly with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are browned and crispy.
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Easy Gluten Free Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 6-8 Gluten Free Flour Tortillas depending on size.
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken Take a shortcut by using already cooked rotisserie chicken.
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 4-6 oz Cream Cheese softened
Optional Toppings for Serving
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped Cilantro
- Fresh Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, spices, cream cheese, salsa and shredded cheese.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture then roll up tightly. Lay each tortilla seam down on a baking sheet and brush each one lightly with oil. *If you find that the tortillas you are using are cracking or breaking, heat tortillas first according to package directions.Usually in a skillet over medium-high heat about 10 - 15 seconds per side until the tortillas become more pliable.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until taquitos are browned and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite toppings-shredded lettuce, guacamole and/or salsa are great options!