Get ready to throw everything in a pan and call it Taco Tuesday! This easy One-Pan Taco Skillet is on the table in less than thirty minutes, and is a kid-friendly family favorite.
One-Pan Taco Skillet
This Taco Skillet has to be one of my all-time favorite easy meals after a busy day. It gives you all the delicious flavors of a taco, but in a quick skillet preparation. Besides chopping the veggies, it pretty much cooks itself!
I bet you have most of the ingredients needed to make this recipe already stocked in your pantry.
Here's What You'll Need
- Lean ground beef or turkey
- Water or Broth
- Tomato Sauce
- Black Beans
- Onion, corn, tomatoes, peppers and whatever other veggies you love on tacos!
- Taco Seasoning-instead of a taco seasoning packet, we use this homemade seasoning recipe.
This meal is naturally gluten-free and super versatile. Feel free to substitute ground chicken or turkey for the beef, or leave it out all together for a vegan meal.
You can throw in whatever veggies you prefer or have on hand-anything goes! Top with shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes, diced avocados, and garnish with cilantro. The kids think I'm the coolest when I let them scoop it up with tortilla chips 😄
Serve this One-Pan Taco Skillet as-is, or you could also wrap it up in a GF flour tortilla as a burrito or fold it in half to make quesadillas. You could also use the filling for mexican-inspired stuffed peppers!
One-Pan Taco Skillet
- Shredded Lettuce
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
- Add onions to the pan and cook a few minutes until softened.
- Add water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning, mix well.
- Let the liquid come to a boil, then add rice. Lower heat. Cover and cook rice according to package directions until tender. Stir halfway through and add a little more water if needed.
- Chop up your veggies and prep other toppings while the rice is cooking.
- When the rice is finished cooking, remove lid and stir in beans and corn. Mix well.
- Add desired toppings & enjoy!