Get ready for an easy 30-minute meal! This one-pan “cheesy” chicken, broccoli and rice dinner is a quick skillet meal loaded with flavor and simple ingredients!
The chicken, broccoli and rice are all cooked in the same pan which means less dishes to clean! And for those craving some cheesy flavor without the dairy, nutritional yeast is used for a yummy dairy-free substitute.
It’s the perfect home cooked meal for busy weeknights that the entire family will love.
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Heat oil in a stove top skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onions until softened, then add the chicken to the pan.
- Brown the chicken and add the minced garlic(if using garlic powder, add it to the next step with the salt) stirring frequently so not to burn the garlic.
- Add uncooked rice, season with salt and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the broth to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir well.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook the rice & chicken mixture for about 10-12 minutes, then add the broccoli. Mix well to combine, then cover.
- Continue cooking for another 6-8 minutes until the rice is fully cooked and the broccoli is tender.
- Remove lid and add nutritional yeast. Stir well until combined. Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.