Get ready to throw everything in a pan and call it Taco Tuesday! This one pan taco skillet is on the table in less than thirty minutes, and the kids think I’m the coolest when I let them scoop it up with tortilla chips 😄
This meal is super versatile, so feel free to substitute chicken for the ground beef, or leave it out all together for a vegan meal. You can also throw in whatever veggies you prefer or have on hand- anything goes!
One Pan Taco Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup rice (If using instant rice, follow package directions for the correct amount of water)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen organic corn, thawed
- Chopped tomatoes, peppers, shredded lettuce and/or avocado for toppings*
- Taco Seasoning
- Garnish with chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
- Add onions to the pan and cook a few minutes until softened.
- Add water and taco seasoning, mix well.
- Let the water come to a boil, then add rice. Lower heat. Cover and cook rice according to package directions until tender.
- Remove lid. Stir in tomato sauce, beans and corn. Mix well.
- Add desired toppings & enjoy!