These Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops are a delicious and simple family dinner that's made in under 30 minutes. Pan seared pork chops are topped with warm cinnamon apples, then paired with a side of rice, mashed potatoes or whatever you choose. This cozy meal is sweet and savory, and perfect for a chilly Fall evening.
Ingredients You'll Need to Make this Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- Pork Chops. Thin sliced.
- Fresh Apples. Sliced thin or in bite-sized chunks, however you prefer! I love honey crisp apples this time of year. Granny Smith apples also nice and crisp and won't turn to mush when cooking.
- Spices. Salt & pepper to season the pork chops, then you'll need some cinnamon and nutmeg for the apples.
- Brown Sugar. You can sub coconut sugar for a refined sugar free option.
- Butter/Coconut Oil. I like to use a combo of both. I saute the pork chops in butter because I like the flavor it gives...then I simmer the apples in coconunt oil.
How to make Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops
- Saute: Heat a skillet to medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Season your pork chops with salt and pepper, then saute both sides of the pork chops for about four minutes each side. Remove from pan and set them aside.
- Make the Cinnamon Apples: Next, add coconut oil(or more butter) to the same skillet. Add the apple slices, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir thoroughly then simmer on low until apples are tender.
- Rest and serve: Lastly, place the pork chops back in the skillet with the apples and warm through for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops
These Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops is a delicious and simple family dinner that's made in under 30 minutes. Pan seared pork chops are topped with warm cinnamon apples, then is typically paired with a side of rice. This easy meal is sweet and savory, and perfect for a chilly Fall evening meal.
- 4 Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Apples Granny Smith or Honey Crisp; sliced thin or in bite-sized chunks.
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil or butter
- 3 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Place a large skillet(I like to make this recipe in cast iron) over medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and saute 4-5 minutes on each side. The pork's internal temperature needs to be 145°F to be considered done. Remove from the skillet.
- Add 2 tablespoon of coconut oil to the same skillet on low heat. Deglaze the pan as it melts. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir until the apples are tender.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan, and cook for about 2 minutes longer until everything is warmed through. Serve immediately with rice, mashed potatoes or any side of your choosing.
Tried this recipe?Mention @thrivingglutenfree or #thrivingglutenfree!
Looking for more gluten free dinner ideas? Check out these recipes!
Italian Style Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
Honey Mustard Sheet Pan Dinner
Gluten-Free Swedish Meatballs Recipe with Gravy
Leave a Reply