These Easy Chicken Fajita Foil Packets are filled with Mexican-spiced chicken, peppers and onions, then wrapped in foil, and grilled to perfection. Add your favorite fajita toppings, then serve in soft gluten-free tortillas or over rice for a simple summertime meal.
Chicken Fajita Foil Packets Recipe
Fire up the grill because this chicken fajita recipe couldn’t be easier and it keeps the heat out of the kitchen on a hot summer day!
Foil packet dinners are an easy way to cook with minimal cleanup. Just combine all of your ingredients together, then wrap in foil to cook. You can use the grill, oven, or foil packets are also perfect meal idea for a camping trip!
In this recipe, chicken, bell peppers and onions get tossed together in a homemade fajita seasoning then grilled to perfection.
How to Make These Easy Chicken Fajita Foil Pockets
This fajita recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken Breasts
- Bell Peppers. I used one green & one red, but go ahead and use any color.
- Onion. I prefer sweet or vidalia onion in this recipe.
- Spices. You’ll need chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and the juice of one lime to make the mexican spice. Also, some salt & pepper!
- Foil. This is what makes the magic happen to create an easy meal with minimal cleanup!
Toss everything in a large bowl, then place equal portions in the center of a large piece of foil. Wrap the foil to completely cover the chicken mixture and then place on a preheated grill for about 20 minutes.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep-Combine everything and keep in the fridge for up to 1 day. You can also easily double for a crowd.
How to Serve your Fajita Foil Packets
These chicken fajita packets also work well in the oven if you don’t have a grill. Either way it’s super easy to have a yummy Mexican dinner without a lot of clean up!
I like to top my fajita chicken foil packets with classic fajita fixings like avocado slices and cilantro. Salsa or sliced black olives are also delicious toppings. If you can have dairy, go ahead and melt some cheese on your fajitas a few minutes before they’re done cooking.
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Easy Chicken Fajita Foil Packets
- Heavy Duty Foil
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts cut in thin strips
- 1 Green Peppper sliced thin
- 1 Red Pepper sliced thin
- ½ Onion cut into thin half moons
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. If cooking in the oven, or on a smoker with manual temperature control, preheat to 400°.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken strips, peppers & onions with the oil and spices.
- Cut 4 large squares of foil, then place the chicken mixture into the center of the foil. Fold the foil around the mixture to close completely.
- Cook the foil packets for about 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil packets from the grill-they will be hot! Serve with your favorite fajita toppings and enjoy over prepared rice or on soft gluten-free tortillas.