This potato soup gives you all the feels- comfy, cozy, creamy and oh so yummy!! Whether you are looking to have a slow cooker Sunday, or a quick weeknight meal, we’ve got you covered with this ultimate bowl of comfort food!
Slow Cooker Potato Soup with Instant Pot Option
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp GF all purpose flour
- 6 large potatoes peeled and chopped
- 6 cups broth, or enough to cover the potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- Pepper to taste
- Lots of bacon(Applegate brand contains no nitrates) cooked & crumbled
- Chopped fresh chives
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until tender
- Stir in flour, salt, basil & pepper. Mix well
- Add broth and potatoes to a crockpot.
- Stir in flour mix. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Blend/mash the potatoes using an immersion blender, or the back of a fork to desired consistency
- Top with crumbled bacon and chives.
Instant Pot Option
- Press the saute button and add butter. Saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the flour.
- Make sure the potatoes are covered with broth.
- Seal lid and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Vent using the quick release option
- When finished venting, open the lid and put back on saute.
- Mix flour with 1/2 cup liquid (broth or milk) to create a slurry.
- Pour into the soup and stir for about 5 minutes until thickened
- Blend or mash potatoes and serve with desired toppings.