This Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup recipe is comfy, cozy, creamy(without the dairy!) and and loaded with lots of hidden veggies! It's a warming, naturally gluten-free soup that the whole family will love. Make a big batch on the weekend and you'll have leftovers throughout the week.
Loaded Potato Soup
Whether you are looking to have a slow cooker Sunday, or a quick weeknight meal, we've got you covered with this ultimate bowl of comfort food!
This loaded potato soup can be made in both the crockpot or the instant pot and directions for each are posted in the recipe below!
I love making this soup for my family! It's naturally gluten-free, plus it's packed with hidden veggies and the kids have no idea!
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make This Loaded Potato Soup Recipe?
Here's what you'll need :
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper & basil
Optional for Serving:
- Cooked and Crumbled Bacon
- Fresh Chives
Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup(with Instant Pot Option)
- Crockpot or Instant Pot
- Immersion Blender
- 6-8 Baking Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 6-8 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth enough to cover the potatoes in the pot
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 2 Carrots diced
- 2 Celery Ribs diced
- 2 cups Cauliflower chopped florets
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Basil dried
- Pepper to taste
- Bacon cooked & crumbled
- Chopped Fresh Chives
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir frequently making sure the garlic doesn't burn. Remove from heat.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and cauliflower to the crockpot. Cover with broth, then stir in the onion mixture, salt, pepper and basil.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove lid and blend the soup with an immersion blender(or potato masher)until desired consistancy. The potatoes and cauliflower will thicken the soup naturally.
- Top with crumbled bacon and chives.
Instant Pot Directions
- Press the saute button and add oil.
- Saute onion and garlic in the oil until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot, making sure the potatoes are covered with broth.
- Seal lid and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, vent using the quick release.
- When finished venting, open the lid and blend with an immersion blender. Soup will thicken as it stands. Serve with desired toppings.
Looking for more soup recipes? You'll love these too!
- Zuppa Toscana Soup
- How to Make Homemade Bone Broth
- Chicken Tortilla Soup(Slow Cooker and Instant Pot)