Traditional Italian pesto sauce gets a makeover with this dairy-free version! Packed with all the classic flavors of basil and garlic. I promise you won’t even miss the cheese!
This is an absolutely delicious and simple pesto recipe that is full of Italian flavor. Go grab a bunch of basil and throw all the ingredients in the food processor. Takes only a few minutes and you’ll have a fresh and healthy sauce prepared in minutes.
Pesto is perfect on pasta, pizza, over meat or used as a dip/spread.
Dairy-Free Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups packed Basil Leaves
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin Olive Oil (plus more if needed.)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup pine (macadamia or cashew nuts(optional))
- Using a food processor pulse basil, garlic, salt, nutritional yeast and nuts, if using. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped.
- Add in the olive oil and lemon juice. Continue to pulse until combined.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or keeps well in the freezer too!
Pingback: Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner – Thriving Gluten Free
Pingback: Pesto Pizza Muffins – Thriving Gluten Free
Yum, great idea to add nutritional yeast into pesto sauce! 🙂
Thanks! It’s delicious! Let me know if you try it 😊