These easy gluten-free Chocolate Cupcakes are light, fluffy, and full of rich chocolate flavor. Say goodbye to expensive boxed mixes because these homemade cupcakes can be baked and frosted in no time!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
If you're looking for a gluten-free cupcake made from scratch, this chocolate cupcake recipe is a must try! You'll also want to check out these homemade gluten-free vanilla cupcakes too.
Cupcakes are perfect for birthdays, holidays, or any other occasion or celebration. No one will even know these are gluten-free!
How to Make These Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Learn how to make the best gluten-free chocolate cupcakes with this quick and easy recipe!
Looking for a gluten free and dairy free cupcake recipe? This recipe is easily adaptable with only a couple swaps:
- Replace the milk with your favorite plant based alternative such as almond or coconut milk.
- Substitute the butter with plant based butter sticks.
Make Ahead and Storing Suggestions
- Make Ahead. You can make the batter up to 2 days ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to bake. Also, you can bake the cupcakes a day in advance when storing at room temperature.
- Storing. Store cupcakes at room temperature for up to one day until ready to frost and serve.
- Freeze. You can freeze unfrosted cupcakes for up to 2 months in a freezer safe ziploc bag or storage container.
- Thaw. Defrost the frozen cupcakes in a refrigerator overnight, then let come to room temperature before serving.
I hope this gluten-free chocolate cupcake recipe becomes a go-to favorite for you!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1¾ cup GF 1 to 1 Flour
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Salted Butter softened
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 8 tablespoon Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 3 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Homemade Buttermilk ¾ cup milk of choice(I used DF) plus 2 teaspoon Apple cider Vinegar.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prep muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Then add eggs and vanilla extract, until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the buttermilk and continue mixing until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups about ⅔ of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.