These Gluten-Free Zucchini Fritters are quick & easy to make, nutritious, and they're a great way to sneak in some extra veggies for picky kids. They're excellent as an appetizer, lunch or healthy snack. Be sure to try the Lemon Garlic Aioli recipe for a delicious dipping sauce!
Gluten-Free Zucchini Fritters
This recipe uses a simple batter of zucchini, egg, gluten-free flour, seasonings and fresh herbs.
I'm also making a dipping sauce with lemon and garlic, so I hope you try that too!
These fritters will be perfect when your summer garden is blooming and you have a surplus of zucchini!
Ingredients You'll Need to Make This Zucchini Fritter Recipe
- Fresh Zucchini
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour. I have tested this recipe with both bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Flour and King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour and both worked out well!
- Baking Powder
- Seasonings & Herbs: garlic, chives, salt & pepper.
- Oil for Sauteing. I always use avocado oil.
How to Make These Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters
Start by grating your zucchini, drain it in a colander using a dish cloth or paper towel, then combine all of your ingredients in a bowl. Next, scoop the batter onto a hot skillet, flattening with a spatula. Saute the fritters in hot oil until lightly browned on both sides. Flip, repeat, and serve!
Have you tried this recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters
- 2 Zucchinis shredded
- ½ cup GF All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Chives
- 2 tablespoon Oil for sauteing; I use Avocado Oil
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast we added this the last time we made them and loved the flavor!
Lemon Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt Use a plant-based brand for Dairy-Free; Mayo or sour cream work well also.
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Ground Pepper
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander over the sink. Press with a wooden spoon to drain excess liquid. You can then use a clean dish towel or paper towel to squeeze out any additional liquid. This step helps to keep the fritters crispier.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl. Add seasonings-garlic, salt, pepper, chives and eggs- Mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter into the skillet, flattening lightly with a spatula.
- Heat until the edges are golden and crispy- about 3 minutes each side.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Repeat the process until the batter is gone. Serve immediately. If not serving immediately, keep fritters on a baking sheet in the oven set to warm.
How to Make the Lemon Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper. Stir well to combine and let sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld. Store covered in the refrigerator if not using right away.