These homemade blueberry pie bars are easy as 1-2-3!
With just three simple steps you’ll have a delicious gluten free treat that’s filled with the flavors of summer. King Arthur Gluten Free Pie Crust doubles as the base AND the crumb topping while the sweet, juicy filling is made from fresh blueberries & lemon juice.
Layer the crust, filling and crumb topping then let the oven do all the work!
Blueberry Pie Bars
- 1 box King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 2 sticks butter(use Earth’s Balance Vegan butter if dairy free)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice(about 1 lemon)
- Additional 1 tbsp granulated sugar & 1 tbsp brown sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix pie crust according to package directions.
- Separate dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Press 1 half of dough flat into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together blueberries, sugar, arrowroot & lemon juice.
- Poor blueberry mixture on top of crust.
- Mix the additional sugar into the leftover dough and crumble on top of the blueberries.
- Bake for about 45 mins until bubbling and crust is lightly browned on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting. We like them best served cool from the fridge!