These Big Mac Burger Bowls are an easy gluten-free meal loaded with all the flavors of your favorite fast food burger. Lettuce, pickles, ground beef, the most delicious special sauce, and you can’t have a burger without fries…I promise you won’t even miss the bun!
Gluten-Free Big Mac Burger Bowls-No Buns Needed!
If you’ve been craving a burger and fries, but…
- you want to go the healthier route
- you want to stay celiac safe and not chance gluten cross-contamination at a fast food restaurant.
- or, you want to save money and not buy expensive gluten-free buns…
Then you have to try these burger bowls!
What Ingredients Do I need to Make This Burger Bowl Recipe?
Go ahead and add everything you love about a burger, minus the bun! Here are some ideas:
- Lean Ground Beef. Seasoned with salt, onion powder & garlic powder.
- Dill Pickles
- Fries. Use GF Frozen French fries, or make your own “fries” using russet potatoes or try our favorite recipe for sweet potato fries.
You’ll top the burger bowls with a Big Mac Special Sauce. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yellow Mustard
- Dill Relish
- White Vinegar
- Paprika & Onion Powder
How to Prepare This Easy Burger Bowl Recipe
- Start by arranging your prepared fries on a baking sheet and cook them according to packaged directions. If using freshly roasted potatoes to make homemade fries, follow your favorite recipe.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and crumble the meat, then drain any grease. Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the meat.
- Prep your toppings! Use whatever burger toppings you love, but we use shredded lettuce, chopped onions, tomatoes and dill pickle chips.
Serve everything buffet style so picky eaters can choose what they like in their bowls!
Top Your Burger Bowl With the Best Big Mac Special Sauce!
The Big Mac Special Sauce is what makes this burger bowl recipe amazing! Just stir together the mayo, ketchup, relish, yellow mustard, vinegar, paprika & onion powder, and you’ll have a dressing that takes you right back to the McDonald’s drive thru.
Have you made these burger bowls? Be sure to tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how they turned out!
Loaded Big Mac Burger Bowls
Burger Bowl Meat
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef browned and drained
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
Salad Base & Topping Options
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce shredded
- Dill Hamburger Pickles
- Bacon cooked and crumbled
- French Fries roast your own potato wedges, sweet potato fries, or use gluten-free frozen fries
Big Mac Special Sauce
- ¾ cup Mayo
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Dill Relish
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat then brown ground beef, crumbling with a spatula. Once cooked, drain grease if needed then add the seasonings to the meat. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, prepare your burger bowl fixings. Bake your fries and cook the bacon, if using. Chop your veggies- you can always do this ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Make the Big Mac Special Sauce. Mix together all of the ingredients and stir well. Set aside.
- Assemble your bowl! Start with a layer of shredded lettuce, then spoon the ground beef mixture on top. Add remaining toppings to your liking and drizzle with the sauce. Serve and enjoy!