This beautiful chickpea salad is a simple recipe that’s full of fresh and healthy ingredients!
It combines the power of chickpeas with refeshing cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and creamy avocados that are all tossed in an easy homemade dressing.
Perfect to make ahead for picnics, potlucks or have on-hand for an easy, nutritious lunch.
Lemon & Dill Chickpea Salad
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cucumber & tomatoes, diced
- Diced avocado, optional-add right before serving so it doesn’t brown
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine chickpeas and veggies in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Cover and shake.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the veggies and reserve the leftover dressing in the fridge to use at another time.
- Toss well. Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld. Stir occasionally.