It’s been a looong winter here in Philly, and while I’ve been waiting patiently for warmer weather, over the weekend I was craving all the flavors of summer! Even though it’s not warm enough to start gardening outside, we have a ton of fresh dill growing in our indoor hydroponic system(see pic at the bottom of the post!) so I decided to make some use of it 🙂
This beautiful chickpea salad is a simple recipe that’s full of fresh and healthy ingredients! It combines the power of chickpeas with refeshing cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and creamy avocados that are all tossed in an easy homemade dressing. Perfect to make ahead for picnics, potlucks or have on-hand for an easy, nutritious lunch.
Lemon & Dill Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cucumber, tomatoes and avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine chickpeas and veggies in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Cover and shake.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the veggies and reserve the leftover dressing in the fridge to use at another time.
- Toss well. Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld. Stir occasionally.