Broccoli Salad is a classic summer salad recipe that everyone always LOVES! It’s packed with fresh broccoli, dried cranberries, and crispy bacon then tossed in a creamy homemade dressing.
This Broccoli Salad can be made in advance and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it, making it great for meal prepping or perfect for a crowd at your next summer barbecue.
- 4-5 large heads of broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets(about 8 cups)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, crisp & crumbled
- 1 cup craisins
- Additional topping ideas: hemp hearts, nuts/seeds, cheese
- 2 cups mayo
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper, optional
*This recipe is meant for a crowd! If you’re planning on making it for only a few people, cut the recipe in half.
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli florets, onion, bacon & craisins.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well blended.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve.
-To healthify: This is an original family recipe that has not been modified. If you would like to swap some of the mayo, you can try replacing 1 cup of mayo with plain greek yogurt(Kite Hill for Dairy Free).