This Broccoli Salad is a classic summer salad recipe that everyone always LOVES! It’s packed with fresh broccoli florets, dried cranberries, and crispy bacon then tossed in a creamy homemade dressing that’s both gluten-free and dairy-free.
Easy Broccoli Salad
This is the BEST Broccoli Salad recipe! It’s one of my favorite side dishes and is a huge hit at every summertime party or potluck. It can be thrown together in only 20 minutes! Be ready because someone is guaranteed to ask you for the recipe!
The combo of flavors in this broccoli salad is what it’s all about- Sweet, savory and a little bit tangy. The contrasting flavors blend perfectly together!
Ingredients for this easy salad
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Broccoli. Cut into bite-size florets.
- Red Onion. Diced
- Bacon. Cooked crisp and crumbled.
- Craisins. Packaged dried cranberries.
Additional topping ideas:
- sprinkle with hemp hearts or other chopped nuts or seeds before serving
Broccoli Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Seasonings: Salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper
How to Prepare This Broccoli Salad
- Start by tossing the prepared broccoli, onion, bacon and craisins in a large bowl.
- Next, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the broccoli. toss until well blended.
Broccoli Salad Tips and Substitutions
Make ahead! This Broccoli Salad can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for up to 2 days ahead of serving, making it great for meal prepping or perfect for a crowd at your next summer barbecue.
The flavors are also best when it is able to sit for a few hours before serving.
Time saver swap! Buy pre-chopped packaged broccoli florets to save time in the kitchen. You can also save time by buying pre-cooked “real” bacon bits.
To healthify! This is an original family recipe that has not been modified. If you would like to swap out some of the mayo, you can try replacing 1 cup mayo with plain greek yogurt. I recommend using Kite Hill for a dairy-free brand.
This salad is meant for a crowd. If you’re planning on making it for only a few people, go ahead and cut the recipe in half.
Have you tried this recipe? Tag me on instagram @thrivingglutenfree so I can see how it turned out!
- 4-5 large heads of broccoli cut into bite-sized florets(about 8 cups)
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 1 lb Bacon crisp & crumbled
- 1 cup Craisins
- Additional topping ideas: sprinkle on some hemp hearts, nuts/seeds, shredded cheese
- 2 cups Mayo
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper ground
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli florets, onion, bacon & craisins.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well blended.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve.